In the U.S., the beginning of the school year is just around the corner. For many parents, that means an influx of artwork from their young artistes. It can be challenging to figure out what to keep and how to keep it. Here are some things to keep in mind: The fewer items you keep, […]
I’m moving into a rental house where I’ll be living in an attic room that has no closets and slanted ceilings. Any suggestions for storing clothes?
Congrats on your upcoming move! Since you’ll be moving into a rental, you will want to stay away from making any permanent changes. That said, hooks (installed on one of the ceiling slats or any solid wall) and valet rods can be very helpful. Also, think about using one or more garment racks (with or without casters […]
If you’re like a lot of people, you had big plans at the beginning of summer for getting things done around the house. We’re staring down the end of summer…how’s that list progressing? If you find you haven’t checked off as many items as you’d like, don’t lose hope. Here are some ideas for getting […]
This is a guest post written by Professional Organizer Lea Schneider from Pensacola FL and owner of OrganizeRightNow.com. “How long did it take you to get it like this?” That’s a conversation a professional organizer has nearly daily with the folks she organizes. But sometimes, they don’t have the conversation with themselves. One day, as […]
Ahhhhh, purses. They are a joy for so many of my clients but can be a burden and just plain frustrating if the storage / display solution isn’t effective. I would first decide if you can store them in your closet or bedroom? Where do you have the most space? If you want to store […]
How oh how to organize kitchen cabinets. Have plenty shelves n space but get ‘out of sorts’ keeping bowls, etc. Organizing items in kitchen cabinets is partly simple and straight forward and then some of it is complicated and challenging even for the most organized person. Plates, bowls, cups, glasses, and mugs are all very […]
It’s never been easier to stay organized and travel light while vacationing. Thanks to smartphones and tablets, with just a little advance planning, you can have all the information you need at your fingertips–without lugging along guide books or a laptop. Here are some ways you can use your smartphone or tablet to help you […]
Whether you have a reach-in or a walk-in, the organizing begins with dividing the space. Once you decide if you’re splitting the space 50/50 or some other percentage ratio, you can start planning the closet. Reach-in closets are usually between four-feet to 8-feet across. In order to make the most of this small space for two people, […]
Depending on the amount of closet space you have, there are a number of ways to store your shoes. But, before you begin looking for storage solutions, your first step would be to decide which ones you will: 1. Keep 2. Repair (and then keep) 3. Donate Then, your second step is to create a […]
With the checked baggage fees imposed by most airlines (particularly if your bag is over the weight limit!) it pays to pack light. Here are some strategies to keep from packing more than you need. Plan what you’ll wear. Get away from the idea that you’ll want to be able to indulge your every sartorial […]
- How Do I Even BEGIN Dejunking My Garage? May 2, 2013
- Organize those cleaning supplies! May 2, 2013
- Handling the influx of kids’ artwork August 28, 2013
- Three tricks for easy decluttering April 23, 2013
- What is my best solution for organizing snacks, cereals, etc. inside a kitchen cabinet? We have several different shape bags of individual snacks and treats May 17, 2013
- The power of the morning routine December 19, 2013
- Five quick organizing projects December 19, 2013
- Declutter your front closet December 19, 2013
- Give clutter-free gifts this season December 19, 2013
- Organize your gift wrap December 19, 2013
- Ellie: I have a pair of rotating stand with cup holders, ...
- Marcel: It's great that you are getting ideas from this a...
- kohls coupons: My brother suggested I might like this website. He...
- Triller: Independent movie companies are proving the huge s...
- muurstickers babykamer: There are actually a whole lot of details like tha...