I would love to have the perfect solution for you but unfortunately my collection of headbands totals three (and they don’t need to be accessible) which means they live in a drawer in the linen closet—not such a great solution for storing an entire collection of headbands! So I put my thinking cap on while [...]
Getting and staying organized is one of those things that many people feel they should be able to do on their own, without professional assistance. But for many people, that’s much easier said than done. For those folks, hiring a professional organizer can transform their lives. Here are just a few of the ways that [...]
This post was written by Rubbermaid employee Katie Abbott. It was time to switch it up – as in, a cabinet switch. The cabinet above our fridge houses what I like to call our “odds and ends”: mixing bowls, rarely-used martini glasses, and little dishes I put out for snacks when our friends come over. [...]
This post is written by Rubbermaid employee Pam Scovill I get bags everywhere I go…sometimes for free at 5K runs and sometimes I purchase them (a girl can never have enough bags?!). I’m sure this “bag issue” pertains to a lot of folks out there. Most of us don’t even know where half of these [...]
There are a few products that you can use to keep your most frequently used brushes organized and easily accessible. Keep in mind that you should regularly clean your makeup brushes (usually once per week) to reduce the build up of germs and bacteria. You don’t need a fancy cleaner — mild shampoo or even [...]
One of the areas in my home that I love is the bathroom closet. My home was built in 1908, at a time when closets didn’t seem to be much of a priority. But each of our bathrooms has a fairly large closet, which we use to store towels, toiletries, and cleaning supplies. One of [...]
Oh man how I love organizing a garage. It’s usually bulky stuff which makes the job go fast. Or just the opposite, you’ll find yourself needing homes for tiny bits and pieces (like tools and hardware) that are therapeutic to sort. But hopefully, there will be lots of expired and old items that you can [...]
This post is written by Rubbermaid employee Gretchen Walsh I belong to the “out of sight, out of mind” club – I love my space to look de-cluttered (who doesn’t?)…but if something’s hidden away, it may as well not even exist. This is a problem for someone who’s also an active member of the “I [...]
I always encourage people not to get to wrapped up in finding the perfect place to donate their items. I see that kind of perfectionism standing in the way of people getting unwanted items out of their home. That said, I know it’s really a great feeling when you find the just right place to [...]
This is a guest post written by Professional Organizer Lea Schneider from Pensacola FL and owner of OrganizeRightNow.com. Some of the smallest organizing issues can really tie us up in knots. Take scarves for example. A great way to create new outfits out of your tired wardrobe is to accessorize with a scarf. Beautiful scarves [...]
- How to organize and display a jewelry collection (and make it look pretty!) February 14, 2013
- Quick, Easy Laundry Room Transformation August 24, 2012
- How to organize an odd shaped closet? August 21, 2012
- Organizing winter scarves, hats, and mittens October 22, 2012
- How Do I Organize My 2 Car Garage? February 21, 2013
- Planning a great summer vacation May 20, 2013
- What is my best solution for organizing snacks, cereals, etc. inside a kitchen cabinet? We have several different shape bags of individual snacks and treats May 17, 2013
- Organize those cleaning supplies! May 2, 2013
- How Do I Even BEGIN Dejunking My Garage? May 2, 2013
- Three tricks for easy decluttering April 23, 2013
- dermstore lavanila: I just had a baby 2 months ago, a wonderful baby b...
- metal building siding: It's amazing in favor of me to have a site, which...
- Renee Reader: Oh my, that's still 37 tote bags and string-mouth...
- Renee Reader: I really like the idea of using a vase or glass ja...
- Barney: I agree! Please make these and the larger totel...