When it comes to organizing items on your deck and patio, remember that for aesthetic and safety reasons, less is more. Most people enjoy relaxing on their decks and patios. Any excess you have cluttering up your outdoor space will likely detract from that enjoyment. If you keep your deck and patio surfaces clutter-free, the […]
I have a large collection of cook books. I want to display and have these available in my kitchen any ideas?
There are many options for storing cookbooks in a kitchen, but a lot depends on your kitchen design. One of my favorite ways to create space for cookbooks is to hang a shelf above a doorway. They can be very decorative and all you need is a step stool to reach the ones you want. If […]
As the weather gets warmer, it’s time to start thinking about what kind of getaway you might take this summer. Everyone’s idea of a great vacation is different, but there are a few principles you might keep in mind to help make your vacation a success. Plan ahead. If there’s time, start the planning process […]
What is my best solution for organizing snacks, cereals, etc. inside a kitchen cabinet? We have several different shape bags of individual snacks and treats
Three words: Measure, measure measure. No pantry shelf is the same—even some of your pantry shelves could be varying lengths and depths. Before going out and purchasing containers that don’t fit the space, measure your pantry. You’ll next want to count the types of snacks, cereals and other items you typically keep on stock (you […]
It’s spring cleaning time for many of us. If you have an overabundance of supplies spread around your house, consider these ideas for organizing and simplifying. Gather up your supplies. Bring together all your cleaning supplies from their various storage spots and take stock. Pluck out the ones you rarely use. (I think we all […]
Spring is a great time of year to unclutter your garage. It can seem like a daunting project, but it doesn’t have to be! Having a good plan of attack can help you stay focused and get your garage looking and functioning the way you need it to. Figure out what you have. What exactly […]
If you want to get some spring cleaning done, often the first step is letting go of excess. Cleaning is much easier when there’s no clutter to work around! Here are three things to keep in mind to make decluttering and purging easier: 1. Stay honest. While decluttering, ask yourself the following questions when trying […]
This is a guest post written by Professional Organizer Lea Schneider from Pensacola FL and owner of OrganizeRightNow.com. It started with a simple comment. Considering that most garages do indeed have parking spaces, that comment didn’t quite make sense to me. Of course, cluttered garages don’t have any parking space much less “spaces.” This comment […]
Feeling baffled about how to organize something? Feeling too overwhelmed to begin? Keep these four tips in mind and you’ll have the job done in no time. Store like things together. It’s much better to have your adhesive bandages all together in a first aid bin than scattered over the house, right? This is true […]
There are a few questions you’ll have to answer to determine which solution will work best: 1. Where do you do your homework? In the kitchen? In the home office? In your bedroom? 2. Are you constantly needing items signed and reviewed by a parental guardian? 3. What are your retention guidelines? Do you keep […]
- Organize those cleaning supplies! May 2, 2013
- Handling the influx of kids’ artwork August 28, 2013
- How Do I Even BEGIN Dejunking My Garage? May 2, 2013
- Four tips to help you get any organizing project done April 10, 2013
- What is my best solution for organizing snacks, cereals, etc. inside a kitchen cabinet? We have several different shape bags of individual snacks and treats May 17, 2013
- The power of the morning routine December 19, 2013
- Five quick organizing projects December 19, 2013
- Declutter your front closet December 19, 2013
- Give clutter-free gifts this season December 19, 2013
- Organize your gift wrap December 19, 2013
- Ellie: I have a pair of rotating stand with cup holders, ...
- Marcel: It's great that you are getting ideas from this a...
- kohls coupons: My brother suggested I might like this website. He...
- Triller: Independent movie companies are proving the huge s...
- muurstickers babykamer: There are actually a whole lot of details like tha...